Our general gynecological practice includes patients aged from fifteen to ninety. Common procedures or issues are:
- Routine (i.e. annual) exams: full exam including history, breast check, abdominal exam, pelvic exam and pap smear, with a review at the end of the exam
- STI testing: including counseling, screening for various STIs, treatment and preventative therapies. This may include discussing and administering Gardasil vaccine.
- Birth Control: birth control pill, Depo-provera, Implanon, Nuva Ring, Patches, IUDs (both copper and Mirena’s), Diaphragm, Condom
- Abnormal pap smears: Discussion of abnormal pap smears cause and treatment. Evaluation including colopscopies, and LEEP procedures.
- Irregular periods (either too many or too few), can be diagnosed using various modalities: hormonal screening, ultrasound, etc.
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding: including history, screening test which include blood and radiologic evaluation which usually involves an ultrasound.